Kuo u loto fiefia ke ‘oatu ‘a e keimi ko eni ma’amoutolu ke mou ngaue’aki ke tokoni ke langa’i ‘etau lea fakafonua’.
So excited to offer my first free printable game for you all. I created this game for my class to have some fun speaking in Tongan. There are 80 sightwords of the most commom words used in my classroom. Please share this post and give me some feedback here, on letslearntongan facebook and or twitter page @letslearntongan.
2. To play the game you need the sightwords, a die, markers and binderclips. Read the second page for directions and how to make the Pacman markers. 3. You are ready to play. Make sure to keep things fun. It’s not about finishing first but the one who collects the most cards by speaking. Say the word correctly and you keep the card. 4. Remember the goal for players is to speak in Tongan. You can vary the game in many ways depending on their ability. If you’re a parent and a native speak get involved and play as well.
- Pronounce the word correctly. The following can be added as well for more advanced speakers in order to keep their card.
- Spell the word.
- Define the word.
- Say a rhyming word (does not need to be a word.)
- Use the word in a sentence.
- Say a synonym for the word.
- Say an antonym for the word (Some words may not have an opposite word).