Taimi fakamuna. Time for a bit of superficial fun and games. This would be an interesting list to compile. There are contemporary songs that are quite funny like Lome Lome and Satana and then there are old ʻHiva hanuʼ (sad songs of lost love) as well as Hiva Kakala which have lots of metaphors.
List of Tongan Song Titles
- Satana – Satan
- Lome Lome – Salome Salome
- Tangi e lotoʻni – This heart cries
- Liʻekina (mai siʻi ʻeku ʻofa) – My dear love has abandoned me
- ʻE Hina te u tangi – Oh Hina I will cry
- Pehe ange mai ʻoku kei pongipongi – Come around for it is still morning (metaphor) for wishing one was young again.